Smirking in My Black Shades

My Photo
Chanelle
Keeping it simple. Finally legal. A lot of thoughts, and no time to keep them altogether.
View my complete profile

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Judging

I hate when people try and judge you because you have a child. Does that make me any less of a person? I know I have made many mistakes so far during my life, but is it really fair to call my daughter one of them? Although she may have come at the wrong time, and out of a bad situation, I can honestly say that she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Through her I have acquired knowledge, faith, and patience. Before, I was only a shell of the person who I could have been. Even though my own determination should have been more than enough, she has given me that extra push I needed to fully commit to changing myself. I would not trade being a mother for all the riches in the world. Do I wish I would’ve waited? Sure, who wouldn’t have in my position. But when life hands you lemons, you have to make the best damn lemonade you can, and toast to that little life asleep on your chest.

0 comments: